Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

The loader was running, shut it down then went to restart…

Customer Question
The loader was running...

The loader was running , shut it down then went to restart and when Iturned the ignition nothing but aslight buzzing sound near starter any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Sorry, 2000 case 1840 skid loader

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes , replaced ignition switch

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** with me while I gather some information.

ok

Sorry for the delay. Test the battery with a digital battery tester for internal problems like bad cells etc.. If the battery is good with full charge then check all cables and connections including all grounds. This (low voltage/poor connections)can cause the symptoms you are having.If okay try jumping the starter solenoid by engaging/jumping the two large terminals. If the engine cranks over replace the starter solenoid.Let me know the results

I did have the battery tested and it's fine. Also can't find any loose or warn wiring. Iwill try the selinoid tomorrow .

Thanks for the update. Let me know

Dan, Technician