Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

EXCAVATOR E160LE SERIAL NO. N6DA16213. I HAVE VERY JERKY

EXCAVATOR E160LE SERIAL NO. N6DA16213. I HAVE VERY JERKY OPERATION ON ALL CONTROLS. TRAVEL IS OK.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: E160LE SERIAL NO. N6DA16213
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES I AM. NO AIR IN CYC, OIL LEVEL OK, NO LEAKS ON SUCTION HOSE.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: 2200 HRS.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check for metal/debris in the return in tank hyd filter that would indicate a pump or component problem occurring. Check the suction hose for leaks as well. If found the system will need to be flushed and cleaned out before running the new pump. Check the pressures and relief valves in the main control valve and for debris in the valves themselves... The symptoms most likely point to a pump issue since all functions are effected. Let me know if we need to dig deeper into this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ill check filter. How do i
Check relief valves and for metal in main valve?

You would need to remove the relief cartridges not disturbing the adjustments but unthreading the complete assemblies from the main valve.

You can remove the hose connections in the main valve to look for metal in the ports and then the end caps to check for damaged springs or problems with the spools sticking but unlikely because all functions are effected. the spools would only relate to one function for each one. This is why Im leaning to the pump.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there a web site for valve info?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you send your phone # so we can talk?

That is an additional service and an extra cost for phone calls. I sent over the offer

Are you in the US? I can not do international calls.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Abbotsford Wi.
Where are you?

Im in NH

Check the initial things i suggested for fine metal in the in tank return filter and then we can set up a call if needed.... If it looks like glitter in the oil you have pump issues

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Thanks much
Jack lasee(###) ###-####

For the call you will need to accept the offer so it can be credited or send over a call offer from your screen.... there should be a call offer link

thats for when you are ready to set up the call.