Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I keep bending the dipper ram. The machine operates fine for…

Customer Question
I keep bending the...

I keep bending the dipper ram. The machine operates fine for a few digs, and then the dipper ram bends I have replaced the entire hydraulic piston and case with the same result. It is a MD-11

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Koehrin construction gehl 11 MD 2 serial 81M2CS

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/17/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. This is usually from pressures that are set too high or lifting, working or pushing over the machines capacity. Check and verify your actual pressures and be sure they are not above recommended specs and adjust accordingly. If okay let me know what type of work/digging this machine is doing and what material the machine is working in, if there is a bucket or other attachment on the machine. Let me know

none of that seems to be the case. How about a bypass being blocked?

What bypass would you be referring to? There are relief valves for each function. A sticking relief could cause too much pressure. Are the pressures in the stick circuit high? What are your current pressures? Only way to know for sure if the pressure is too high is to put a gauge on it. If too high remove the relief for the stick circuit and inspect or just check the reliefs anyway for damage, debris, sticking or damaged o rings.