Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Sennebogen 880 track machine. Swing is stuck but every other

Customer Question

Sennebogen 880 track machine. Swing is stuck but every other function is operable I am getting pressure to the swing motors however.... I have this machine on a barge and the swing position is stuck over the side.. There will be a tropical storm arriving soon. I just want to be able to rotate it however possible so I can chain it all down
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Sennebogen 880.5.104
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to spin it around however possible. Without having to physically track the machine backwards
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the hydraulic filter for fine metal/debris indicating a component failure. Check the swing motor hose ports for metal( metallic glitter) indicating a failure. If found the swing motor will need to be replaced and the metal contamination cleaned out of the valves and system components. Also check the swing gearbox oil and if dry you could have a failed swing gearbox. If this is the case, it needs to be removed to allow the boom to be swung using another machine. Let me know