Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Does it hurt a hitachi 200 to run at low idle over night in

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Does it hurt a hitachi 200 to run at low idle over night in -25 Celcius cold weather.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Hitachi ZX200 CL excavator
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: serial number ARH310110.
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My mechanic said it was vandilism, my insurance company said it was from idling over night. The fuel pump plungers were scored, the injectors were gummed up and stick. the valves were also gummed up with same stuff. once cleaned up it runs. However i donot agree with my insurance company, as pie liners run machines all winter with no issues
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Should not hurt it to idle over night. Has a fuel and oil sample been run? If there was vandalism, it should show as contaminate in fuel or oil.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?