Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I have a 1993 chevy kodoak with a 6.6 caterpillar it acks

Customer Question
like vapor lock fuel line...
I have a 1993 chevy kodoak with a 6.6 caterpillar it acks like vapor lock fuel line it run good then flutters for a min. then run good . the more you run the worst it get.so far I have drained fuel tanks changed filters
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: 1GBJ7H1JOPJ102820
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/10/2017
Mechanic: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 3 months ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Does the engine smoke when this happens?
No not I can see
Can u help or are u just blowing smoke
Thanks for the information.
I would not suspect the engine is sucking air as that causes smoke. Since you have no smoke. There are two things I would suspect are causing your problem.
First is the control rack is hanging and binding. When this happens the engine can run poorly.
Second is the governor is acting up.I would have the rack check for wear and adjusted. If the problem continues. I would suspect the governor.Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
What is the rack
The rack controls and moves all the injectors. It's controlled by the governor.
This would let it run good then run bad
sir. That's correct. When a rack is worn it will tend to hang. I see this a lot.
Thank you I will look into it I don't have much so it will be hard to get going thank u again
You are very welcome my friend. I am happy I could help.
Cat Man
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert