Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

2013 new holland c238. No start. Sit in seat, panel comes to

Customer Question

2013 new holland c238. No start. Sit in seat, panel comes to life. Press power, starts beeping and fault code 1905. my owners manual says 1905 is power supply out of range. Sometimes i may get 1904 instead. On couple occasions had a can fault to 91xx but forget as it was random.
Battery is good, 12.6v. Checking fuse panel left side I have 12v on fused items but 2. They have 4.6v. With out having fuse layout in front of me I can not recall 100% what two fuses were. but if memory is correct second row from left. Want to say ignition and instrument cluster were the two fuses in question reading 4.6v. One was on top of other.
Any ideals?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hi Mike, My name is***** with me while I pull up some info on these faults.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No problem.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

First start at the battery and test with a digital tester for internal problems such as weak/ dead cells/ internal short/etc. Check/clean/tighten all cables and terminal connections including all grounds between the battery and starter. Look for corrosion or damage in the wiring harness on the ignition circuit and very full battery voltage from the ignition switch with a volt meter. Verify full battery voltage to the ECU controller and check for corrosion in the wiring and connector pins. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This skid steer has no traditional ignition switch, all panel control. Would need wiring diagram at panel to know what wires to test. Same for ecu pinout for power/grounds.Battery checks out, used snap on tester to confirm no dead cell. Already checked grounds/removed cleaned them.Not my skid steer, but a friends. I work as an auto tech, so covered basics. My instinct is wiring but without a diagram, needle in haystack. Need to know what to check from where to where and if have an open circuit overlay or fix etc.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also, for what it's worth, this skid steer does not have traditional key switch. However, the pigtail is there for it. Can check for 12v power at it. Can check continuity out to starter from it as well. However, this has no bearing being the panel does the on/off start etc. Would need to check voltages at the panel on right side of cockpit. But do not know connector pin out.Can jump starter, get it to turn. But with no ecu coming on to control engine, doesn't matter. Will just crank.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Understood. Let me see what I have in my archives for diagrams, etc. for this and follow up .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any diagrams or follow up info to add to this Dan?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hi Mike, I checked through all my files and sources and do not have this manual for the diagrams but I did find one in PDF for your friend. Here is the link for that.

Manual