Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Deere 260 skid steer,right driving handling doesn't always

Customer Question

john deere 260 skid steer,right driving handling doesn't always work unless you move the the left one back a little then it will engage full power,its like theres a valve closed and then all of a sudden release and full power,changed hydraulic fluid and bought the machine used at 400 hours and hasn't been used much this thing has plenty power its just the right side is not working right,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: thanks
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no this is the only problem I have
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is your machine serial number?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

If the problem is with travel only on one side and no other functions it points to a possible drive motor problem. You can check for excessive case drain pressure on the problem drive motor by pushing against a loading dock/etc and running a case drain hose into a bucket from the case drain port and engaging drive. If it comes out under high pressure the drive motor is bad with excessive internal leakage. Compare to the other side( good side). Let me know the results and if you need more help.