Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Komatsu PC75UU. Track adjuster issue. The track adjuster…

Customer Question
Komatsu PC75UU. Track adjuster...
Komatsu PC75UU. Track adjuster issue. The track adjuster will not take up slack.The lubricator and zerk is good (new and tested) but it will not take grease when installed. The idler assembly will easily move forward ( and backwards )when levered with a bar.
When the idler assembly moves forward, the lubricator/ zerk end also moves forwardThe problem seems to be in the cylinder (part 8 in workshop manual)??? in the recoil spring assembly.SO...What is in the cylinder, a piston- or is it just a hollow tube for the yoke piston (part 9)? Can I put a 3/8 rod in from the lubricator side and pound whatever may be stuck loose loose? Is it possible for the yoke piston/ cylinder to be hydrolocked?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
9/10/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** you still need help with this?

no