Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Trying to use dr zx to check a engine alarm warning code. I…

Customer Question
Trying to use dr...

Trying to use dr zx to check a engine alarm warning code. I bought a palm pilot version and it has a six pin plug with three pins in it. Should it have all six for my zx270 LC-3? When I plug it in it says communication error check serial cable or harness between dr zx and icf.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

ZX 270 LC-3 ff01v440030316

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes. I had a mechanic put a new head and head gasket on machine. It fires with starting fluid but is not getting fuel. We checked everything to the injector pump.. All checks out. I feel if I could read the code its throwing I could avoid replacing parts that don't need replaced.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
9/9/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Please post the complete engine model and serial number from the engine ID tag.

These are the numbers I found on the tag. Model-AH-4HK1X
Engine code-4HKK1XDH AA-01
Engine family-6SZXL05 ZHKA.
Can also send pic of tag if helpful.

Thanks for the update. Do you have the DR Zx manual by chance? I can help with that as well if needed.

These cables aren't right. I have a six pin dr zx plug in my machine. I don't have a part number for the cable I have as I bought it as a package from simco. It fits the plug in my machine but has three pins.

It will not need all pins to read the data. Click on this link

Troubleshooting

I believe the part no. I'm looking for is(###) ###-#### I've searched for it and also called local hitachi/ Deere dealer but can't find it.

Im coming up with(###) ###-####/p>

John Deere part number(###) ###-####for the four pin plug and the number for the short six pin plug to serial port part number(###) ###-####/p>

That part number checks out. It's a serial cable. I can't seem to find the part number for serial to palm pilot cable.

For SONY Clie PEG-TJ25 Purchase from CPD. P/no. is4629330 (Hitachi unique parts).For PalmOne PDAs Purchase from local market.Product name is ***** *****

This is Hitachi unique part. Make an order to your parts ordering channel.Hitachi part no. is(###) ###-####

those are the two cables shown in the diagram I posted.

My zx270 LC-3. Has two black fuse boxes and one six pin plug bolted in front of those. The diagram showed a 4 pin and skinny 3pin. Even if it would only use 3 it would have to be the size of the 6 pin to work.

So your cable plugs in but it just wont communicate. There could be a problem with the cable itself, the ECU, the datalink harness of the machine, or a power/ground issue with the ECU on the machine side. Too bad there was not a way to test your dr zx on another machine to see if it will read.

I will see if there is a hitachi or Deere near me I can test.

Keep me posted. Since this is a new diagnostic tool, there could be a problem with it.

If your dealer is close by there may be some in the lot you could test.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.