Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My d21A-6 set up for 2 months when I tried to use it it was…

Customer Question
My d21A-6 set up for...
My d21A-6 set up for 2 months when I tried to use it it was locked up on the left side , I went back and forth and it broke loose , but now it feel like it still dragging especially in reverse , it turns to the right good but want turn to the left hardly at all , I put it against a big tree and both tracks will spin ok , I do hear a squicking sound coming from the left side and then that's when it's seems to start dragging and not wanting to turn to the left , I pull the handle back and no turn to the left , any idea what to do , fill up with diesel and let it set for a few days maybe ? John
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Ok I have taken the seat and floorboard off and can see the lever or fork that's attached to the cover over the clutches it's stuck straight up
Answered in 2 days by:
9/9/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. This is an indication of sticking/ worn steering clutches/brakes. What is your machine serial number?

It is 66542. It is that brake lever that's sticking forward. I've soaked it in diesel for 2 days. I can push the lever back now with a hammer but when I pull on the clutch lever the brake sticks up again then I repeat with putting it back with the hammer

Thanks for the update. Click on these links for the breakdowns. Check that the shaft is turning with the levers and if so the problem is internal and the cover will have to come off for further inspection. Either the linkage failed or is seized internally etc. along with steering and brake problems which will be seen with the cover removed. Let me know

Steering case cover

Brake

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.