Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a JCB 210S that after draining the hydraulic tank to…

Customer Question
I have a JCB...

I have a JCB 210S that after draining the hydraulic tank to allow replacement of dry rotted hydraulic hoses the machine now has no hydraulic function. I suspect the system is air locked and needs bleeding. Is there a specific procedure for bleeding the hydraulic system

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/6/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Hydraulics on backhoe should need no bleeding. But if it is air locked, you can loosen the suction hose at the pump, and let any air out, so the fluid gets to the hydraulic pump. It should pickup the fluid. If fluid is flowing, could any of the old hoses have got into the system? May be holding the relief valve open.