Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a JCB 210S that after draining the hydraulic tank to

Customer Question

I have a JCB 210S that after draining the hydraulic tank to allow replacement of dry rotted hydraulic hoses the machine now has no hydraulic function. I suspect the system is air locked and needs bleeding. Is there a specific procedure for bleeding the hydraulic system
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Thanks
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hydraulics on backhoe should need no bleeding. But if it is air locked, you can loosen the suction hose at the pump, and let any air out, so the fluid gets to the hydraulic pump. It should pickup the fluid. If fluid is flowing, could any of the old hoses have got into the system? May be holding the relief valve open.