Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I hav a caterpillar 257. I looking for the hyadralic filler

Hi there I hav a...
Hi there I hav a caterpillar 257. I looking for the hyadralic filler cap location to check the Hydralic level. I can't find it
8/16/2017
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

I am sorry no one could help you earlier. Do you still need help with this machine? If so, please post the complete machine serial number as the different models have different locations for the filler and tank.

I still need help

Ok, please allow me a few minutes to look up that machine.

The level indicator is right below it too. Be sure to check the level with the loader down and the bucket flat.

It is easier to fill the oil level with the arms up. Just install the safety brace if you do.

You will have to guess how much to add and lower the arms to see if you have the level correct. Overfilling will create a big mess as it will push the excess out the breather and could damage it too.

Ok. Ty
Do u k about bodcat too

No sorry, I only know to avoid them like the plague.

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
catmastertech
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician