catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Experience:  Field service technician for CAT 19 years.
11546476

I hav a caterpillar 257. I looking for the hyadralic filler

Hi there I hav a caterpillar 257. I looking for the hyadralic filler cap location to check the Hydralic level. I can't find it

I am sorry no one could help you earlier. Do you still need help with this machine? If so, please post the complete machine serial number as the different models have different locations for the filler and tank.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I still need help

Ok, please allow me a few minutes to look up that machine.

See attached image. This is the right side of the machine at the back of the cab between the cab and loader frame.

The level indicator is right below it too. Be sure to check the level with the loader down and the bucket flat.

It is easier to fill the oil level with the arms up. Just install the safety brace if you do.

You will have to guess how much to add and lower the arms to see if you have the level correct. Overfilling will create a big mess as it will push the excess out the breather and could damage it too.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. Ty
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do u k about bodcat too

No sorry, I only know to avoid them like the plague.