Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Can I get an specialist in bobcat s175? thn, bobcat S175…

Customer Question
Can I get an...

Can I get an specialist in bobcat s175 ? thn

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Bobcat S175 s/n###-##-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have troubleshoot the traction lock solenoid that does not work because is not getting power from the controller

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

If there is anything else that I have to check in order for the controller to energize the traction control solenoid

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/11/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What are the fault code numbers you are getting?

There are not fault codes with key on light switch pressed for 2 sec it shows noneEverything else works fine bucket goes up and down etc the traction lockup solenoid does not get energized fuses, relays are ok wondering what else to check

TRACTION LOCK (CONT'D)
Description Of The Control System
Figure 60-110-1
The Traction Lock Control System will lock the traction
drive system when the engine stops. The Traction Lock
Control System is incorporated into the BICS™ System.
Inspecting The Control System
Fasten the seat belt, disengage the parking brake button,
press the PRESS TO OPERATE LOADER Button (Item
1) [Figure 60-110-1] and raise the Seat Bar fully. Move
the steering levers slowly forward and backward. The
TRACTION lock (Item 4) [Figure 60-110-1] should be
engaged. Lower the Seat Bar. Press the PRESS TO
OPERATE LOADER Button (Item 1) [Figure 60-110-1].
Engage the parking brake pedal and move the steering
levers slowly forward and backward. The TRACTION
lock should be engaged.
NOTE: The TRACTION light on the left instrument
panel will remain OFF until the engine is
started, the PRESS TO OPERATE LOADER
Button is pressed and the parking brake is
disengaged.
Figure 60-110-2
Check the wire connections at the engine flywheel rpm
speed sensor (Item 1) [Figure 60-110-2].
NOTE: When the Traction Lock Override Button is
activated, the Traction Lock Override Control
System will NOT engage the Traction Lock if
the engine stops.
(See Adjustment on Page 60-140-1.), for Flywheel rpm
sensor adjustment.

TRACTION LOCK (CONT'D)
Inspecting
Fasten the seat belt, disengage the parking brake pedal,
press the green PRESS TO OPERATE Button and raise
the Seat Bar fully. Move the control levers slowly forward
and backward. The Traction lock should be engaged.
Lower the Seat Bar. Press the green PRESS TO
OPERATE Button.
Engage the parking brake pedal and move the control
levers slowly forward and backward. The Traction lock
should be engaged.
Solenoid Removal And Installation
WARNING
AVOID INJURY OR DEATH
Do not modify the electrical wiring connected to the
traction lock solenoid or any part of the traction lock
system. The traction lock provides the locking
function of the parking brake. Service work on the
traction lock system should only be performed by a
qualified technician. Use only genuine Bobcat
Company parts if repair is necessary.
W-2165-0100
Raise the loader operator cab. (See Raising The
Operator Cab on Page 10-30-1.)
Figure 60-110-3
NOTE: The loader control panel and crossbar linkage
has been removed for clarity purpose only.
The traction lock can be removed without
removing the control panel.
Remove the two mounting screws (Item 1) [Figure 60-
110-3] from the electric solenoid mounting bracket.
Installation: Tighten the mounting screws to 80-90 in.-lb.
(9-10 N•m) torque.
Remove the electric solenoid (Item 2) from the chaincase
cover [Figure 60-110-3].

I have a manual with full specs, schematics, etc I can help with

I'd like to make sure we are troubleshooting the right unit as far as I can see something here is not right my machine does not have parking brake pedal

You.re right... one sec

Dont accept that link

ok

Thats a higher serial number...

S/N###-##-####& Above

Let me see if I got the manual for the lower SN

any update?
thn

Hi, Other than PDF manuals to buy I only have S/N###-##-####& Above I will forward the link for free to try to help. Dont accept the offer but copy and paste the link to access the manual

Thank you for letting me look at the service manual. Do you think that engine speed sensor not sending signal to the controller can be a good reason to prevent the solenoid from working from what I have read so far is one of the thing to check but engine runs fine and like I said before bucket arms move up and down and bucket tils.I don't know if the engine speed signal is just for the controller to run the traction solenoid beside other safety things like the seat bar etc by the way this unit does not have seat switch only the bar sensor
Thn

Thanks for the update. If the fuses, Relays and switches test good with your meter, it points to a wiring harness problem or a faulty controller. Thoroughly inspect and test the wiring harness for shorts, corrosion and damage. If okay have the controller tested and reprogrammed by the dealer. Let me know

ok here we go I read from the manual that engine should be running so the only thing I didn't check was the rpm signal from the controller because engine runs but I unplugged the sensor to see if engine will run without rpm sensor and it did so that tells me that it could be the sensor at fault so I checked the signal wire to the controller I found open circuit so repair wire after testing the actual sensor I had 2 volt ac while cranking(sensor was good) so after that repair unit works like a charm so no rpm signal to controller was the problem that prevented traction solenoid from working.

Great news! Good find. Glad you got this resolved and thank you for the update as well. It has been a pleasure working with you on this.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star is always greatly appreciated.