Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a kubota mini excavator type u20-3 from 2007 with…

Hi.i have a kubota...

Hi.i have a kubota mini excavator type u20-3 from 2007 with engine type d1105 that suddenly being warm and stopped for 2 minutes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

When started it was very high reving even when i took out the key. I fast choked it so it stalled. I repeated this for a few times even when was colder. After this episode of start and choke i could not start it anymore.kubota u20-3 kubota engine d1105

The engine now is still turning but not wanting to start. Just first time the engine was over reving for a short time(1 min) afterwards every start (3 times) was keeped under control by a rug in a plastic bag into the air filter box
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/9/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

This is diesel engine, and the governor is connected to the injection pump. remove the kill linkage cover on the side of the front cover, and feel the inner linkage, it should move free.Sounds like it i stuck, and one of the injector bodies in the injection pump may be seized.

It does have a working solenoid for killing it .the manual kill lever does work easy .had tried to kill the engine even on manual from the lever and did not succes
Indeed the manual kill was running just half way in.something was blocking untill one moment when a metal sound (piece) heard to fall into the pump

Have you removed the kill lever cover and checked for loose piece?

Good job! > At least now we know what was the problem! Please rate using the 5 star rating system to close the question and get me credit! Thanks

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician