Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Shouldn't the stroke control valve solenoid on a 310a deere…

Customer Question
Shouldn't the stroke control...

Shouldn't the stroke control valve solenoid on a 310a deere only have power to it while cranking the4 engine on start-up?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Jd 310ad ser. 342092t

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Lost all high pressure hydraulics. All implements work on low pressure very slowly until oil heats up. All filters and oil has been changed twice, There was some brake debris in the filter the first time. The stroke control valve and solenoid has been taken out and tested on the bench. I seems to be working properly. We already once before replaced the stripped out pump coupling. I thought this might have been the problem again after only 50-100 hours of service but the shaft is turning on the main pump. we just pulled the filters again and let the boom down on the hoe. It seemed like we got some air out of the lines. The tractor drives forward and reverse as good as ever. We just pulled the two relief valves on the filter housing, and everything looked fine.

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/8/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Yes it should only be powered to destroke for aid in start up. If the coupling is good you will want to cut open the hydraulic filter and inspect for fine metal/debris that would flag a pump or component failure occurring. Let me know the results and also if clean you will need to test and verify pressures. Let me know

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help and I will be glad to help further. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.