Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a pc228 us to Komatsu when you swing it it does not…

I have a pc228...

I have a pc228 us to Komatsu when you swing it it does not stop until 5 seconds but it doesn't slow down before then

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

The pc228 US - 2 serial number 15247

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes tested all electrical seems okay just does not slow down slowly

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's the only problem I have with it

8/8/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check inside the hydraulic filer for fine metal/debris that would flag a swing motor or component problem and check the relief valve cartridges for damaged o rings or debris causing pressure to bypass in those circuits. the crossover reliefs are what slow and stop the swing motor from turning. Let me know

Are the crossover relief valves in the motor or in the main control valve because I cannot find anything on the motor also there is no material in the filter

Hi, I tried accepting the call offer and there is a problem with the payment. Reach out to customer service to get this resolved so we can get that call scheduled for you.

The crossover reliefs will be lined up with the two ports on the swing motor itself. They act as a fluid brake to stop/slow the turn of the motor. The circuit reliefs are on the control valve to regulate pressure.

Dan they put a block on my credit card cuz they thought it was fraud I called them so if you could give me a call that would be great thank you

It is not letting me send a new call offer. I do not know how that all works to fix that since it is a site issue. Im a user of the site like yourself. Maybe we open a new question and start fresh as they only allow one offer per question and it seems it is now locked out of that feature.

Be sure to request me directly in your new question.

Hi, Just checking to see where things stand with this. I will be offline after 1:30 for several hours so I was hoping to be able to get on the phone with you before then but it has to go through the site and be funded through the site for use to schedule it. Let me know what they say.

Dan, Technician
Phone call session started
I think I got this figured out so when you get a chance you can give me a call thank you

It was a pleasure speaking with you. We can follow up as needed on the test results we discussed if you need further help.