Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a SL6635 Gehl skid steer. Have had problem for while…

Have a SL6635 Gehl...

Have a SL6635 Gehl skid steer. Have had problem for while where it I get a High Temp hyd light. My temp gauge reads 210. I've took laser temp and checked drive motors/pump and lines and only found max of 138*, engine only reading 168*. So assumed I have a temp sensor somewhere bad. But now light comes on after 1 hr of running and after 1 1/2 hrs, my brakes are set. Skid steer won't move and if you shut it down, it won't let you recrank. Did this yesterday and today. Wondering if it could be high temp readings are causing a auto shutdown or something. Does Gehl have a safety that would do this if it's reading High temp?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Gehy SL6635 SXT, serial 10881

8/5/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Bare with me while I pull up some information on your machine.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Yes there was an option for auto shutdown on some machines. If there is definitely an electrical problem and not an actual heat issue, Inspect the wiring and if okay replace the failed sensor. Click this link for the parts and operation manuals to help with location, schematics, and part numbers, etc. Let me know

Manuals

Dan, Technician