Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I've got a crane with a g240-16 gearbox in, has very

Customer Question
Hi, I've got a...

Hi, I've got a crane with a g240-16 gearbox in, has very complicated clutch system in, was wondering if I could pipe clutch pedal master cylinder straight to clutch booster to get a good clutch on the pedal? And would ecu and gear selector still work just as a manual box?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

Not slipping just either going to neutral on a gear change or being stuck in a gear and not changing up/down or going back to neutral

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 Mercedes?

G240-16

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are now, had grove cranes out yesterday with mini diag 2 and no joy...and the mechanic was in constant comma with merc tech at Milton keenes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just if the pipe idea would work cheers

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/3/2017
Mechanic: Jeremy, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, thank you for your response.....I do need help from someone with knowledge of the particular gearbox and clutch system......we are fairly competent at fixing our cranes but this system is somewhat technical
Lee

It's on the board for all to see.

Thanks.