Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a JCB 260 wheel loader. Is there a way of smoothing…

Customer Question
I have a JCB...

I have a JCB 260 wheel loader. Is there a way of smoothing out the steering and curl on the machine? My Bobcat is much smoother operating.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Serial #(###) ###-####model 260

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was planing on taking it to Darr JCB. I haven't tried to do anything. Looking at the shop manual it looks like they should be able to change the programming.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I bought the machine used with 380 hours on it and had air-conditioning added. the dealer i took it to told me it wasn't feasible to add the self leveling to the curl.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/31/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. It is possible they can do some updates and calibrations in the software but it may or may not resolve your issue completely but it is possible to help. A lot of this is a characteristic of the model machine unfortunately. Let me know if I can be of more help.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 12 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.