Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We have a Kubota M108s it will turn over and start to run…

Customer Question
We have a Kubota...

We have a Kubota M108s it will turn over and start to run and then shuts off Is there a fuel sensor on the Kubota m108s that would make it shut off.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Where would the serial # be ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is getting fuel to fuel filter but it starts and runs for a couple mins and then shuts down like it is some kind of protection sensor on the motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

We tried bleeding the fuel lines and all are getting fuel through them. just keeps shut of and it runs for a couple mins

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
the Tractor is a Kubota M108XDTC s/n 50203
7/30/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

tractor has multiple sensors that could kill engine, but I would check the electric fule pump, located between the two filters. It has to supply fuel to the main high pressure pump for the common rail fuel system. Pump can be failing, or loosing voltage to it. If it has voltage and is not running, then pump is bad. See link below showing strainer, pump and filter.