Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 1987 140G that has absolutley no parking brakes and

Customer Question

I have a 1987 140G that has absolutley no parking brakes and no parking brakes. Where do I start.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Ser # 72V07610 Model 140G
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes we are so far we are just checking air lines for leaks
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that should be it. TY
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Have you lost service brakes as well?

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Click below for the park brake system diagram.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Verify there are no leaks or restrictions in the system and see if the park brake canister is responding and the actuator is moving when your move the park brake valve lever. Verify air pressure to the canister to release the brake and that the canister is not leaking internally. Let me know.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star is always greatly appreciated.