Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My excavator Komatsu Komatsu PC 15R-8 will start but not…

Customer Question
Please my excavator Komatsu...

Please my excavator Komatsu Komatsu PC 15R-8 will start but not move a millimeter. I tested the switch in the saftey lever by shorting it out but no difference.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Komatsu PC15R-8 Serial 23153

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixiing myself. I have topped upp hydraulik oil. I have bypassed the safety switch loacted in the left lever. The oil pump seems to be pumping since I can raise the plow and send oil to the exhilliary exuipment hose on the boom.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I am available at***@******.*** Dan Salomonsson

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really, I have the machine on a remote place and really can not get it out of there in any aother way(Small Island). is there anywhere that I can sign up and be part of your forum?

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/24/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the hydraulic filter for signs of fine metal/debris that would flag a pump or component failure occurring and if okay check for power to the solenoid on the pilot control valve and for its proper operation. Hydraulic test gauges should be used to have your pressures verified they are in specs to help isolate a potential pump or relief/ control valve problem. Let me know

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star is always greatly appreciated.