Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a JLG 1932 E2 scissor lift. I had a shop put new

Customer Question

I have a JLG 1932 E2 scissor lift. I had a shop put new hydraulic lines on it
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: I bought a JLG 1932E2 scissor lift, do not know were serial number is, I had a shop put new hydraulic lines on it, it was dropped off at our shop, looked good, will raise up and down, wheels will turn left or right good, but when I go to go forward or backward it sounds like an old transmission slipping and will not move, it moved when I sent it but now I have to take care of it, is it a hydraulic bleeding issue or what, not my forte, can you help
JA: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's pretty much it, thank you
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

First thing that has to happen in drive, is the brakes have to release, they are at the drive motors, and may need to bled. Look for bleeder at each brake assembly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What do I have to do to bleed them
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will look at the lift again and the brake bleeding area to see if I am sure what we are talking about, I have to leave now, will email later. thanks, Steve
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK Curtis B, I am a air conditioner, chiller type of mechanic. I do no know how old the lift is I can not find a serial number, probably I do not know were to look. The lift compartments are as follows, facing the controls, the right side opens with the four batteries, the other side opens with a hydraulic pump, motor and reservoir, there is a cylinder up front that turns the front wheels, two hoses to each wheel and then to distribution block in back, there is a cylinder in back that goes to each back wheel, I suppose this is the brake. there are electric solenoids on small cylinders labeled forward and reverse. The left and right, moves good, up and down good. Forward and reverse, just a spinning noise when it is on rabbit for fast, when I put it on turtle for slow, it would spin and then catch and move, but when I left off the stick the motor stopped but the brakes did not set and stop it. That is about all I can tell you, just need a place to start. Thanks, ***** *****

Any codes coming out of the Smart system? see below

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not remember seeing one, but I will go look again when I get there, will let you know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Curtis, this lift does not have a controller like that, I think it is a little older. The piston that locks the brakes in the back unlocks the brakes when you push joy stick to go forward or backward in slow or rabbit speed, remember it it will not move in fast speed or rabbit, but when you leave off the joy sick it closes real slow

You sure it is an E2 model?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
JLG 1932E2

Are you getting this off a model/s/n plate or from a decal on the unit? Description does not fit the E2 model.??

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Curtis, I looked back to a 1995 LG 1932E2, that is it. Do you know anything about the hydraulics. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you have an answer or do I need to check else ware, I am sorry but I could find this lift and I am not the expert.
It requires a correct answer, thank you

No, I will opt out, and see if someone else can figure out what you have. Sorry

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, sorry, thank you for trying
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I never received a e-mail or call from another expert, was my card charged since you opt out. Thank you