Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Got a 135 takeuchi excavator hydralic fluid pouring from…

Got a 135 takeuchi...

Got a 135 takeuchi excavator hydralic fluid pouring from track housing towards final drive, how do you get access to those lines

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took plate off back side where 4 lines connect to final drive fluid pouring out from where lines go towards center of machine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about all I know

7/18/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. If it is coming from the lines inside the track frame it will be one of the travel hoses that has ruptured. They run from the drive motor up to the rotary manifold in the center of the machine. If one ruptured it is likely that the others may be near the same condition and rubbing through. I recommend tagging and marking the fittings and hoses on both ends to be sure to get them correct on reassembly... Also you can use mechanics wire to attach on one end when you pull the hoes through as this will give you something to help fish the line through the frame. be sure the end us capped to prevent dirt getting in the hose. Let me know

How do you get access to rotary manifold

It is referred to as the Swivel joint and is dead center of the swing circle. I have the full shop manual to help you with this. Ill send over the link.

OPERATION
The swivel joint ( Rotary manifold)is mounted in the center of the
machine’s slew axis. It serves the role of maintaining
continuous connections in the hydraulic circuit regardless
of the upper frame’s slew angle.
Above the hub (1) and shaft (2), which are capable of
rotating together, ports (3) are included for oil for the
necessary number of circuits only. The inner circumference
surface of the hub and the outer circumference
surface of the shaft, grooves are cut which serve
as passages for hydraulic oil. Seals (4) are placed
above and below these circumferential grooves.
Oil flowing in from a port flows constantly through
this hydraulic passage (5) between the hub and shaft
and the circuits can be connected without a break
when the upper frame is slewing.

Please post a response as the site wont let me send the service offer unless there is two posts by you on here for some reason.

Thanks

You can access the lower hoses from under the machine in the center of the track frame swing circle.

You will not have to remove the swivel joint to replace the hoses at the bottom that run to the travel motors... You can get to them from under the machine in the center as I mentioned. Be sure to mark them well for reassembly.

Dan, Technician