Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I got a tb 045 takeuchi excavator the boom want and it want…

Customer Question
I got a tb...

I got a tb 045 takeuchi excavator the boom want and it want spin around.what makes it work would it be electrical.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

My tb 045 boom want move and it want spin around it will move backward and forward. What makes it work.

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
7/11/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. I am assuming you are referring to the swing. If all other functions work but the swing then check the control valve for that function. It could be electrical in the swing brake circuit but also could be hydraulic. Does the engine load down like it is trying to do something but wont move?

no the engine never change sound. When I first started having problems it was a fuse blowed,i install a new fuse and now it want did. Or swing around.

Thanks for the update. That means there is a short in the wiring, a relay, or solenoid. Does it blow the fuse with the key on or just when you opent the arm rest safety switch to open up the hydraulics for work? If only then it is likely in the solenoid or wiring for that safety valve. If with the switch on, test power in and out of the switch for a possible shorted switch and thoroughly inspect the wiring. Check the relays. Let me know