Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I have problem with 3066 cat, The serial is Anb00941 is a

Customer Question
I have problem with 3066...
I have problem with 3066 cat
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: The serial is Anb00941 is a 320 cl excavator
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yess I try to fix the machine
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I AM FROM NICARAGUA
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/17/2017
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 5 months ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Please provide details about this problem including recent issues and repairs performed on this machine.

Pease describe in detail how this problem began and the repairs you have already tried.

Are you the technician, owner or the operator? What tooling do you have available? (CAT ET software, pressure gauges to test the engine, fuel system service shop, etc.)

Do you have any service manuals for this machine?

Also, please ask specific questions about this problem so, I will be able to answer your concerns more directly.

Good morning.. yes I am a owner of machine... the problen began the machine only worked only 30 min and after the machinne stopped and I haved the ligth of oil low preassure... the engine was brocken and repair ... I do it the overhould I chance the piston.. rings... main bearing 0.50 ... rod bearing. 0.50.. camshaft bearing ... oil pump is new ... the gears of oil pump is new..the cylinder block ... and after I turn on the machine and I have the same problem when the engine was brocken 30 min running the machine and the light is turn on the oil low preassure....after this I read the manual to repair and I put in the preassure gauges and I have only 25 psi of preassure... past 30 min the light of oil low preassure is turn on .. ofter this I chance the relief valve and I have the same problen with the oil low preassure

Thanks for the information.

Did you replace the camshaft bearings? Do you see oil flowing up to the rocker arms? Was the oil cooler replaced? Is the oil level rising or smell of fuel in the oil? (this could be the cause of the original failure) Did you determine the cause of the original failure?

Any of the items below can cause low pressure.

Dirty Engine Oil Filter Or Engine Oil Cooler
Check the operation of the bypass valve for the filter. Install new engine oil filter elements, if necessary. Clean the engine oil cooler core or install a new engine oil cooler core. Remove dirty oil from the engine. Put clean oil in the engine.

Diesel Fuel In Lubrication Oil
Find the source of the leakage of the diesel fuel into the lubrication oil. Make repairs, as required. Remove the lubrication oil that has been contaminated with diesel fuel. Install new oil filters. Put clean oil in the engine.

Too Much Clearance Between Rocker Arm Shaft And Rocker Arms
Check lubrication in valve compartments. Install new parts, if necessary.

Damaged Oil Pump Suction Pipe
Replacement of oil pump suction pipe is required.

Improper Operation Of Pressure Relief Valve For Oil Pump
Clean the valve and the housing. Install new parts, if necessary.

Damaged Oil Pump
Repair the oil pump or replace the oil pump, if necessary.

Too Much Clearance Between Crankshaft And Crankshaft Bearings
Inspect the crankshaft bearings and make replacement, as required.

Too Much Clearance Between Camshaft And Camshaft Bearings
Inspect the camshaft and the camshaft bearings. Replace the camshaft and the camshaft bearings, if necessary.

Too Much Bearing Clearance For Idler Gear
Inspect the bearings and make replacement, as required.

Orifices For Piston Cooling Jets Are Not Installed.
Install the orifices for the piston cooling jet.

Have you inspected or tested for any of the above items?

Please reply directly to this post. I will not be notified of replies to other post or second opinions.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician