Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Might buy a 2600 gehl, has motor problems ,can you give me a

might buy a 2600 gehl, has motor problems ,can you give me a ball park number on cost of rebuild or cost of new motor, are parts available ?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: all I know so far, is gehl 2600
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fixing as much as possible my self and with friends that know more,trying to get idea on how much to bid on auction
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
retired bricklayer, owned a gehl back in 70s early 80s , what years was 2600 made, this is a gas motor

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
motor does run ,but ruff. hydro leeks bad. NHC-MS/3481C , serial nu. J783387057 , Onan , Gehl 2600 can I still get parts for motor and hydro if its anything more than hoses ? they have moved it under its own power out of the shed ,lost most of its fluid , then lost the key. I have not heard it run the wife of the mans estate told me this. by saturdays sale she said it would be runningii
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you asked about my experience , my 1st car was a 47 chevy , I mostly rebuilt the 216 babit rod motor , farmed out the head work. I've helped rebuild ford and chevy small blocks for friends only farming out things we didn't have the tools for. I chopped out several motorcycles ,currently working on my 2006 triumph america carb problems , EPA crap dealing me fits, I do all my matainence on everything , in other words I'm just a little above a backyard mechanic.

Onan was bought by Cummins engine company. Parts are getting hard to get, with gasket set running around $200. But there are lots of used parts on Ebay. As for the hydraulics. Any good hydraulic shop can rebuild or find replacement for pumps and motors. If they are ever needed, but hoses are by far the most likely the leaks! The NHC-MS/3481C is good number and is what it takes to get correct parts. I see links to parts and service book on Google search.

Curtis B., Technician
Experience: Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.