Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Case 430 skid steer help, CASE model 430 serial number

Case 430 skid steer...

Case 430 skid steer help

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

CASE model 430 serial number N6M441642

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

It starts up and will run, but stays in Park mode, and there is a button to release park brake electrically, I hit it and it doesn't disengage. it fires up and gets good voltage, 14v to everything when running but control panel will flash and say "volts 0.0"

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, that I have replaced lap bar and seat switch and have checked voltage throughout machine

5/26/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Are you getting the voltage to the park brake solenoid, to release it? Sounds like the solenoid is not getting voltage to release it, wire may be off or broken.??

Hello, Curtis, sorry I have been off of work a few days because of the holiday. Where at under the cab is the park solenoid at? Do you have a pic of it I can use as a reference? and or what color the factory wires to it are?I have had issues with dirt and debris in the fuse and relay block in the past that have caused machine to do funky things, but I have all of that cleaned off and am getting proper voltage to everything there.

See link below. Find the solenoid and get wire colors.

Thanks, ***** ***** a couple of trucks to work on this a.m. but later this morning or early afternoon I will get on skidsteer again and check that out. Ill update you on any progress, Thanks!
Hey Curtis, Ok I looked at skid steer again, found solenoid and It doesn't appear to be getting voltage to it. I find that weird, because if the Park light itself is on, doesn't that mean that signal has to be getting to that solenoid? Anyways, I checked out wires and followed them to the point they tied into another harness at. Everything LOOKS fine, like I said, every fuse and relay is getting good voltage and check out fine. Just stumped right now.
Oh, one more thing, engine oil and hydraulic oil lights flash now. Park light just stays on. Like I said, machine will fire up and run but "stuck" in park mode. All harnesses look goodFluids are topped off as well

Light on just means the light circuit is on, I think problem is in the fuse / relay panel. Lock at solenoid wire colors and see if you can trace it to the fuse panel, See link below.

Ok, will do, Ill update you if find anything or have any more trouble, Thanks!

OK>

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Hey Curtis, another update. So the fuse and relay, actually all the fuses and relays and their power seem to be good, I even replaced every fuse with new ones and swapped relays around after noticing they were all the same part number. And still same issue, Park light stays on and wont release. I checked the Park/Brake solenoid and there is no power at all where the small electrical connection plugs in, HOWEVER, there are two more wires that go into the side of the solenoid, maybe a switch, that are green and black wires and the green wire has 12volts to it when engine is running. Does this tell you anything?

Those have to be the wires to close the solenoid. This should go to the park brake release switch. One wire has to be power, the other has to be negative, to complete the circuit. If you power the solenoid, does the brake release?

Tried, and no it did not release.

Did solenoid click?

no sir, possible bad solenoid then?

I would remove it and bench test with battery voltage.

Alright, will do! Thanks Curtis!

OK>