Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

7810 turbo Gehl skid steer parking brake will not release…

Customer Question
7810 turbo Gehl skid...

7810 turbo Gehl skid steer parking brake will not release top up hydrauic oil level

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Cannt find the ser plate

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes when i got here the hydaulic oil was low top it uo an still will not release

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/13/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Brake is released with electric solenoid. D you have power to the solenoid from the brake release switch?Have you bleed the line up to the brake solenoid, could it have air in it from the oil being low? See solenoids below.

I see question is still open, did you find problem with brake solenoid?