Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

On our JD 310SG we get the codes F9A3 and F9C4, I`ll get you…

Customer Question
On our JD 310SG...

On our JD 310SG we get the codes F9A3 and F9C4

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I`ll get you that in a minute

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Filter change and checked all fuel lines

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

The machine can start and stays on for up to 20 min

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
on a JD 310SG model 4045TT089, we get the codes F9A3 and F9C4, changed fuel filters and checked fuel lines, everything ok. machines starts and stays on for up to 20 minutes.after about a half hour the codes turn off and the machine restarts and stays on for the 20 minutes
5/11/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Bare with me while i pull up and post information on the codes

F9C4 is CAN messages not being received by the ECM

9A3 is monitor fails to receive power configuration message

Thoroughly inspect the wiring harness and connector pins for damage and corrosion to the machine ECM. CAN bus faults are the most difficult to diagnose. Sometimes they are easier to find than others. but this is a communication error to the ECM. Let me know