Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a 130 that starts and runs 15 to 90 seconds then

Customer Question

I have a 130 that starts and runs 15 to 90 seconds then shuts off. The fuel filter has been changed. The small fuel pump under the radiator runs.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Tl130
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 21306141
JA: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Changed fuel filter and checked the fuel line from the injector pump to the tank
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Have you checked the fuel shutoff solenoid. It has to hold the injection pump in the run position. Turn key on and check it for battery voltage, it should have voltage on one wire to the common wire. The second wire is only powered when starter is engaged It pus solenoid into run position, and the first wire, which is always powered ,has to hold it open. Sounds like it pulls in, but the solenoid does not hold, so engine shuts off.