Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

How do i remove the cab on my bobcat 873 skidloader. Abobcat…

How do i remove...

How do i remove the cab on my bobcat 873 skidloader

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Abobcat 873 g series serial ####-##-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing it myself I"m installing a new one. I tred nothing yet. I know that I have to collapes the air shocks. What I need to know is how to detach the blower fan and ac hoses ect . I understand this can be done easier by removing 3 bolt in the back of the cab the holds the housing but I cant find them

5/10/2017
Mechanic: Jeremy, Technician replied 5 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

What year is that Bobcat? I think I have a manual for it.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I still need assistance on this.
Do you have a wheel loader machanic available? That may know Bobcat products. I own a 2000 bobcat 873 G series.
I still need assistance on this.

I'll opt out and send emails to he ones we have. Thanks.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is Dan. I will be glad to try to help. Bare with me while I pull up some info for you.

The best way to do this is raise the cab in the service position and then disconnect the hoses and electrical connectors. Then support the cab with a suitable lifting device. Once it is safely supported you then disconnect the pistons and then the rear pins at the hinge. Then lift off the cab. Let me know if you need more help.

Dan, Technician
Thanks for the response.This unit has AC and heat and I would like to separate it from the cab before removing it. I am under the understanding that it can be unbolted from the rear of the cab before removing it. The heater core housing with the fan assembly are mounted in slotted holes that once loose, can be separated from the cab before removal without disconnecting all the oil cooler lines. your thoughts

Thanks for the followup. Yes in some cases you can try to lay and tie components off to the side and some of these shortcuts are not always in the manual but get picked up job to job over time. It is going to be whatever is easier for you in this case. I do have a manual I can share and Ill send over the link just in case you are interested in viewing it.

I own this manual already and it was helpful except it did not address my short cut as you said.
With the cab tilted back and secured I think I can remove the gas shocks and using my lift device lower the cab back down. Then remove the hinge bolts ,slide the cab forward then I believe I will have enough room to remove the heat exchanger and fan assembly without disconnecting the oil lines ect. Any pit falls you see with is process?

That sounds good. I can not think of anything else that you should run into.