Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Transmission pressure shoots up too high in forward only,

Customer Question

Transmission pressure shoots up too high in forward only, like 480. Reverse is where it should be at 240. I think it has something to do with the spools on top of the tranny, I don't know.
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: just now
JA: What year is your 240?
Customer: It's about a 2000 JD 310 E backhoe
JA: Are you fixing your 240 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I changed the tranny filter and topped oil and it blew the filter from to much pressure
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If you are blowing the filter off you have excessive internal leakage and a return restriction. Inspect the old filter internally for metal/debris indicating an internal failure requiring rebuild or disassembly and repair. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?