Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We have a Takeuchi TB135, it has had intermittent problems…

Customer Question
We have a Takeuchi...

We have a Takeuchi TB135, it has had intermittent problems since we bought it. It starts fine, will not slew, or bucket and boom will not work, it will not travel. We have investigated some electrical, changed a couple of fuses. Serial # 13514051. Can you help

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

The boom, bucket, slew and arm do not move at all, and no travel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

This is the best we can describe the problem.

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
We noticed a empty fuse holder spot, is there fuses in all of the spots?? We are investigating relays.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/4/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Tom, My name is***** commonly this is due to a safety interlock switch problem. Check the safety switches and wiring for damage or problems( Lapbar/seatbelt, seat, door switch if equipped) Also check the relays in front below the seat. Let me know.

Correction. I meant the safety lever and valve in the LH console that is is operating properly. Check your fuses and relays as well. click on this link to access the part manual to help with diagrams.

Parts

I am trying to locate the relays below the seat in the LH console , how do we get into the LH console and the relays in diagram on page 3-21 ref G4C091 ?? we took plate #3 down and there was not a relay bolted on.
Where is the safety switch for the seat located?

Sorry for the confusion Tom.... I tried editing the post but it would not let me.... Thats why I posted a correction.... I initially posted for a skidsteer by mistake... You pilot safety lever on this excavator shuts down the controlls.... Also a failed pump drive coupling can cause a loss of all functions or a failed pump which would put fine metal in the filter and system. check the filter for that.

Cover # 5 should allow access to inside the console relays

Dan new issue, the boom and skew runs for about 2 minutes then quits. I turn off the key and then start it up again and it runs for about 2 minutes and quits.

Thanks for the update. Pull the hydraulic filter and look for fine metal/debris that looks like metallic glitter. This would indicate a pump or component failure contaminating the system and stuffing the valves/components full of metal. LEt me know

Checked hydraulic filter and fluid, all looked good , we found relay by foot petals under floor, we are looking for part number to replace it.

Thanks for the update. Glad you found it. The part number should be in the manual I posted. Let me know if you need more help.

we have been looking for a electrical schematic for this model hoping we could isolate the problem this way can you help with a electrical schematic?

Hi Tom. I do not have the diagrams to share but I found a reasonable source for your schematics and specs. for under 10. Click below. Please remember to take a moment to rate my service.

Manual

Hi, Did you get this resolved? If so please rate to close

No we still do not have it working. Typical, we ordered parts from Portland Or, and got the wrong part. Is there a cross reference list for parts? I have had good luck dealing with NEWARK electronic parts.

Other than going OEM by their part numbers you can only Try to Identify the parts individually to try to cross an aftermarket depending on what the part is. Otherwise you are stuck with the dealer unfortunately.