Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Takeuchi tb175 and it keeps overheating when I use…

I have a Takeuchi...

I have a Takeuchi tb175 and it keeps overheating when I use the hydrolics lots?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

TB175 #17510266

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am I have blown air thru the rad and have taken out the thermostats. My next guess would be the hydrolic filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am not sure

4/28/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

I am not sure why it keep overheating

Do you have a temperature test gun, to check the hydraulic oil cooler? Harbor freight about $30. It shoots a beam and is direct reading , look for hot spots in the hydraulic lines and the cooler. If hydraulics are overheating , it will overheat engine . Oil cooler may be plugged, or it may have to be removed form radiator area, and a new cooler with it's own fan , installed if hydraulics seem to be operating ok.

Would u think that if the hydraulic filter was plugged it might not be circulating fast enough?

It never hurts to change it, but filter is on suction, not likley causing overheat.

Can I clean the oil cooler

Sure cooler can be flushed, just like a radiator.

Ok while I am going to try the filter first thanks for the help

Thank you, ***** ***** to close the question, and get me credit !Thanks.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician