Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 95 PC 150-5 when machine is warm it will stop

Customer Question
I have a 95...

I have a 95 PC 150-5 when machine is warm it will stop swinging intermittently, we replace the swing brake selonoid and it still does it, any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Komatsu PC150-5 sn7542

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, we replaced the swing brake selonoid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope that's it

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
4/25/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is Dan. I will be glad to try to help. Two things come to mine. Check the reliefs in the control valve bank and in the swing motor itself for damage or debris as well as damaged o rings. If okay check for metal in the ports or in the filter indicating a faulty swing motor. If clean, verify power to the swing solenoid and also verify pilot pressure at the swing spool and brake release when the problem is present. Let me know