Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

75c with 4 remotes. Line 1 does not seem to have any

Customer Question
75c with 4 remotes...

75c with 4 remotes. Line 1 does not seem to have any pressure for lifting implement. Other 3 lines operate normally. What is happening with line 1

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Not at the machine--will respond later. Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

When line 1 stopped operating, switched to using lines 2,3 & 4. coupled and uncoupled hydraulic lines several time to line 1 to no avail

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Let's wait until I arrive at machine to get serial numbers & etc

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
4/10/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Case IH, 75C tractor? Is the valve spool moving on the # 1 valve section? Is ths cable operated valve or electronic, or manual linkage? I suspect the linkage is not moving the spool in the control valve for the # 1 section. There are at least four different variations for the remote hyd valves for 75c. But all use similar control valves, with valve sections.

This is a Cat Challenger 75C. I am not at the tractor at the present. Do know the cable operating the valve is moving the lever on the valvemay call later--but cannot use the phone now

The spool my not be moving. I have seen where the piece that screws into valve spool come loose and keeps spool from moving it's full travel. That would be my thought. If it is, then let me know and I will opt out, and see if anyone has experience on the Challenger. No need for call.

as far as I can tell---spool move correctly--just very limited pressure (oil) moving through the line---acts like cylinder wants to raise--but not sufficient hydraulic power

Each section will have it'sown circuit relief valve, try swapping the relief valve, to see if relief is leaking.

as stated earlier--I am not at the tractor---will have to try this later. Thanks

OK>

will try to visit again later--thanks

Thanks>