Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a perkins rather 2300 gen set, Perkins series 2300…

Customer Question
Hello, my name is*****...

Hello, my name is***** have a perkins rather 2300 gen set

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Perkins series 2300 generator set which start for 2 seconds then stops and i have no idea what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well we have tried to bleed the diesel but still we could not

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

In thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I would like it that is an electrical problem i would like to have

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
I would like to know how can use a jamp to make it running if it electrical issue.
3/31/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

First check the fuel return line and fitting at the injection pump cover assuming it is a CAV/Lucas injection pump. If return fitting is plugged, engine will start and quickly die. If return is ok, look for the electric fuel solenoid at the injection pump, it has to open the fuel rack, and has to hold it open, or engine dies. It has to have battery voltage at all times key is on. If it is loosing voltage, you can run jumper wire from battery source direct to it, to get engine to run.

I don't see the solenoid you are rolling about by the injector rack.

It should click each time switch is turned on and off. Flip switch on and off and see if you can find it. It may be internal to the injection pump, with a wire going to it, or it can be external on the linkage.

http://www.moteur-perkins.com/uploads/catalogue/lettre/notice/perkins-manual-fgd06.pdf

See page 51 for trouble shooting. This is electronic engine so disregard my previous statement bout the fuel solenoid, It does not have one. If you open the bleed screw after the primer pump do you have fule flowing when yo use primer pump? If you do, problem is electrical.

I am not happy with the answer. It doesn't work. The engine is shutting down seconds after every start due over frequency but the rpm and voltage are within the range. How can I lower the frequency yo 50hz rates since this engine has no mechanical adjustment? And I also ordered an electrical diagram for this perkins 2300 series.

frequency is product of rpm. If over hertz limit, engine is running to fast. With electronc engine , has to checked and adjusted with computer with the right soft ware!

I see question is still open. Did you find problem?

i haven't find the solution yet. I have no computer to connect to it to adjust the frequency. Is there some else I can try?

Looks to be inly chaned by using the Perkins electronic tools! Need t locate Perkins dealer who would have the computer and software required. The beauty of electronics!