Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My 1845c case skid loader quits unexpectedly. it starts back…

my 1845c case skid loader...
my 1845c case skid loader quits unexpectedly . it starts back up for 2 to5 seconds and quits. let it set for a minute or two and it starts and run the rest of the day or maybe 5 minutes or maybe a half hour. my mechanic thought the relay near the block was bad or getting hot and tripping so I changed it and put a wood shim behind it , didn't matter. It seems to quit faster running at full throttle but still does it at 3/4 throttle.
3/28/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

his is the Cummins engine? It will have an electric solenid at the injection pump. it has to pull the fuel linkage into the fuel open position as soon as the key is turned on.Tie solenoid back with wire and see if engine will run.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
does it need a new soleniod
Phone call session started

Thank you! If the solenoid does not go full stroke, it does not hold properly, so be sre it is traveling full stroke to hold.