Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Fuel problem with Takeuchi tl230 Track Loader, I am having…

Customer Question
Fuel problem with Takeuchi...

Fuel problem with Takeuchi tl230 Track Loader

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I am having fuel delivery issues with a tl230 the filters have been changed the water separator was drained there was nothing in either one to cause any problems

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am now it was at the Takeuchi dealer last month and they have not figured it out so I am taking it on myself I have checked all the common sense fuel issues and it is nothing so far when it is under a load it will struggle for fuel and attempt to die when I let off the throttle it will pick back up and return to an idol and then when I go to work it and get it under a load it will do it again when the machine dies it will start right back up as soon as I hit the key so whatever problem it is it's not a problem that is acting up all the time it might do it 5 times in a minute and then it might not do it for a half hour but it is definitely a fuel problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that should be a good explanation

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/21/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Locate the fuel shutoff solenoid and see if it has loose connection. You have fuel solenoid problem, or something in the fuel tank. It think it is the fuel solenoid, it has to have constant battery voltage or it will try to kill the engine. Solenoid can be failing, or it is loosing the voltage.