Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

763 bobcat seat light flashes twice no valve light no bucket…

Customer Question
763 bobcat seat light...

763 bobcat seat light flashes twice no valve light no bucket move or up and down

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Model 763

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Customer:###-##-####

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/21/2017
Mechanic: Jeremy, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Check the seat sensor. The 2 flashes indicates there is a issue with the seat sensor. Pull the codes on it and see what they show. It will tell you if the sensor is showing a short to power or short to ground to indicate the sensor is bad or the circuit for the seat sensor is bad.

If unable to pull the codes, check for voltage and see that you have 5 volts going to it and 0 from it when no ine is there, then 5 from when someone is there. That tells you voltage in to the sensor and the sensor is good. After that, chase the wires to the controller from the seat sensor to see where the short is. The machine won't engage until the circuit is resolved.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok friday I used the machine to do oak tree job worked fine, go to move a pile and it won't lift or curl
Come back.next day and it worked for a few.hours then I shut it off and came.back two hours laterrs and it didn't work rest of day
Next day it work for a few.hours and bam, wont work
Took selenoids to bobcat they were fine
2000 diesel Tire machine
No valve light either

Check the seat sensor. I bet that thing is messing up on you. Bypass it and see if it won't quit. Then let me know what you have and we can proceed. I'm a thinking the seat sensor is cutting out and opening up the safety circuit shutting you down.