Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a bobcat skidsteer 753 I can start it and it runs for…

Customer Question
I have a bobcat...

I have a bobcat skidsteer 753 I can start it and it runs for bit then the battery light comes on and the seat bar ,lift and tilt valve and the traction lights come on flashing and every thing is locked up

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

753 G series ###-##-####

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 3 days by:
3/21/2017
Mechanic: Jeremy, Technician replied 5 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

We can give it a go

Was the battery load tested and the alternator tested to rule out voltage drop issues?

brand new alternator and brand new battery.all fuses and relay checked a by auto sparky all earth leads and earth points checked
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Is the alternator output going to the battery and battery voltage ,running is over 13 volts? If not the alternator may is not being energized on the field terminal, and will have no output. It will stay at battery voltage. It has to increase at least one volt from battery off, to engine running. We are assuming this is battery voltage problem, and not a bad connection.

The voltage out put is 14 volts

Does voltage drop when the battery light comes on? If not, it is not voltage problem. Loose connection or damage to wire harness.

no voltage dosen't drop wiring loom all been checkedMy thorouhgts are the BICS system and it could be a stick solenoid .

I will opt out, I don't have manual on the unit. sorry. Please do not respond to me or it will lock your question to me.