Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a doosan pro-5 G35s-5 forklift that the unit moves…

I have a doosan...

I have a doosan pro-5 G35s-5 forklift that the unit moves forward when the unit is in neutral and fights reverse.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

G35S-5 s/n FG-801-1280-01019

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, i verified that the solenoids and vales on top of the trans are not the issue. no power at solenoids and i had swapped the fwd/rvs vales with each other and there was no change

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I suspect there is an issue in the valve body but i have been unable to acquire a service manual from doosan to troubleshoot further

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

The forward clutch has stuck and drags in neutral and reverse. You will find that the clutch plates are jammed up, or piston is stuck. The only repair is to go in and repair the forward clutch pack!

Is there any way to get a service manual or pages to make sure i dont forget anything

I see one here, but I have never used their service. Dealer would be other choice!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
playing phone tag with dealer now to get one. many thanks

Thank you!