Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Cat 416 C backhoe loader, the loader will not raise…

Customer Question
I have a Cat...

I have a Cat 416 C backhoe loader, the loader will not raise with anything in bucket. It will raise empty and all other hydraulics work fine 5YNo44o5 5HK74378

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/8/2017
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 5 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Have you tried lifting and curling the bucket back to stall and notice a change in lifting ability?

It will curl just won"t raise with weight in loader

If you hold the curl in a stall this can force the pump to stay upstroked and then the lift will work. If this happens, you have a problem with the resolvers in the loader valve.