Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Cat 272D2 xhp skid steer with a Cat 6 way dozer…

I have a Cat...

I have a Cat 272D2 xhp skid steer with a Cat 6 way dozer blade, I accidentally caught the wire harness and pulled the 5 wires out of the 14 pin plug, I cant find a wiring diagram to match up wire A207 Y2 to pin hole A for example

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just need to know how to match up correctly the wires with the right pin Letter

I have 5 wires going into a 14 plug, the wires are as follows: Black- 200-Y1, Grey- H907-Y4, Red- A572-Y2, Blue-H906-Y2 (or it could be A906-Y2 hard to read) Purple- A571-Y21. The available pins open on the 6way 92in Cat dozer blade are J, B, A, E, F. All other holes are plugged off.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/5/2017
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 5 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

I believe I have the diagram for your connector. If this is not correct, please post the complete machine serial number with your reply.

If this is the work tool side, please post the work tool serial number.

PRSSDB002844

Sorry, that number does not work. It comes up as a brush cutter. Should be the last 8 digits. Usually three letters and five numbers.

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
I went out and looked again, here is another sticker on it D22M05Y 14P65, but the metal sticker says made in Mexico, 2014 with the serial number stamped in it as the number I gave earlierI can take a pic, but its dark out now and may not show up very well

Does it have a model number? Like DB92 or DB9?

I'm sorry I looked everywhere on it, no model number at all, it has the psi for hydros, it does say in the serial number DB00? But nothing else, I have looked everywhere.

Did you harness have a loop wire connecting terminal K and N together?

It is a brand new Dozer AR 92 angle blade, but I can't find anything else on itIt does have a connecting terminal looped like you said not sure if K and N? But yes there is a connection like thatI can tell you the the thumb roller runs the left and right angle, and for pitch you hold down the left joystick lower right hand button and roll the thumb roller on the right stick for the pitch

I see a loop wire for a snow blower but, I don't have anything with the new connector. All I find is the old 9 pin

Ok, thats all I could find on line as well. I guess I will wait until Monday morning and call the Cat dealer and see if they can help.The closest diagram I could find was for a cold planner but it had 6 wires and two of the letters on the plug didnt match up with mine, it asked for C and D, those two are plugged on my plug

No part number was on the blade? Or arrangement number?

Did you see a tag on the damaged harness with a part number on it?

I rechecked your diagram you first sent me, my wires may be a "M" instead of an "H" if they are an M then that diagram you sent me is most likely correct, but I hate to burn up something if its wrong, let me go check and see if the damaged harnesss has a part number on it

That diagram is the machine side. The loop back wire was for the work tool side. I am still trying to find an updated book for the new connector with the work tools.

No tag on the wire harnessThe part number on the blade is:(###) ###-#### J

I found the new harness part number.(###) ###-####/p>

Ok good

Found this pin out update guide. It might help if your wires have labels at the solenoids.

Cool, I will take off the solenoid cover in the morning and check it out! Thank you so much! It looks like this is right. Thanks again!

You're welcome. Let me know if it is not and I will try to find more about it.

Ok Thanks again!! I will check it out in the am!

Thanks.