Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a jcb 520 load all that will not go forward or

Customer Question
Hey Dan, I have a...
Hey Dan, I have a jcb 520 load all that will not go forward or backward, It was going backward till recently. I have power to the shift solenoid.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/28/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

okay.

You need a full 12 volts to the solenoids, for them to function. Is battery voltage good? Do you have 12 volts to the shifter? Do you have 12 volts out of shifter , going to solenoids? Bad connections or bad shifter assembly.

I have 12 volts going to the solenoid

Do you hear solenoids move/click?

I can hear/feel it click. I have changed the filter and fluid, and cleaned the screen. the trans oil pressure light is on

Transmission oil pressure light is on? Have you checked the transmission oil pressure? If ow pressure,less that 100 psi, the transmission pump is not working. Is transmission oil level correct, and suction filter changed?

haven't checked the pressure, do you know a good way to? the fluid level is good the filter is new and the suction screen was cleaned. It had a little it of trash in it but not much. the fluid was really clean that came out. wondering if somebody already tried this.

Pressure check port should be on the transmission control valve. One port should check both forward and reverse.

still haven't checked the pressure. Its sounding like the tranny is done for. Do you have any ideas on a good place to get a reman unit, or a kit to rebuild it?

No, JCB dealer and I'm in Texas.

Did yo get to check the pressure?