Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Cat 307B SER. # 5CW00403 no main pump pressure. Replaced…

Cat 307B SER. # 5CW00403...
Cat 307B SER. # 5CW00403 no main pump pressure. Replaced leaking hydraulic line in pump area. Found rodent damage to wiring and fixed all we have found.
2/13/2017
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 5 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hello, do you still want help with this problem. I am sorry no one was available earlier. If you are still looking for assistance, I will be glad to help.

Have you checked the safety lever operation? Have you checked the hydraulic lock fuse? Do you have power to the hydraulic lock solenoid?

Roger on 1st. two. What is the location of the hydraulic lock solenoid?I should be able to find it by a diagraham parts picture

It is located on the manifold assembly in the pump compartment. It is the manifold with the accumulator installed on top with two solenoids on each side.

It will have two wires connected. One is a green wire marked A588 and the other is a black wire marked 200. The black wire is a chassis ground.

It Will be in the morning before I can check this as the machine is about 30 miles away from me. I will let you know. If the solenoid is being energized where should I look next?

That solenoid is the main control to active the joysticks. If you have a manual blade control lever, that should be working anyway.

If the solenoid is energized, it should have a slight magnetic field and hold the tip of a screwdriver.

I am away during the day so I will not be able to reply until tomorrow evening. If you wish for someone else to help you, I will OPT-OUT.

I saw two solenoids on that valve bank. Do both need to be energized?

No

I'm not at the machine so I don't think a phone call would fully benefit either of us now. :-)

Sorry, I did not send that. It was an automatic site issue. I have tried to tell them I am not setup for phone calls and most of my customer are in the same situation you are.

Roger, thanks!

Okay, I will be looking for your reply.

I have pilot oil pressure. Pilot oil solenoid is working. Checked pressure at main tap and blade tap. Both had no pressure.

Thanks for the reply.

I am confused about your testing. What was the pressure? Where are the taps located?

The blade pump has a gear pump and the blade valve is manually controlled. If the pump is turning, the blade should move.

If the pump is not turning, you will not get any pressures.

I am confused how you are having both issues?

My understanding is that there are three pumps. Main with two pressure ports; Blade pump with a test port; and pilot pressure pump with a test port on pilot manifold. I checked pressure at all the test ports. Pilot was the only one that registered @ 500 psi.Meant to ask this. Are the main and blade pumps both positive flow? That isDo they pump as soon as the engine cranks?

Thanks for the info. That is exactly right so, I am a little lost as to why the blade is not functioning. Let me do more research on this and I will post back anything else I can think of to check.

I work on larger machines most of the time so, I need to dig into this problem to find how much of it is like the others. I know the first series was very much the same but, later versions have several differences.

The main pump is a variable displacement piston pump and the blade pump is a fixed displacement gear pump. I am not sure if they are controlled with load signal or have powershift pressure with negative flow control.

Yes, they are splined to the flywheel for direct drive.

Let me do some research and I will post back later tonight.

Thanks

I found were I was led wrong. The Blade valve is pilot controlled, not manual as I was shown and is used on "A" models.

That means the pilot activation solenoid is likely to be problem since you do have pilot pressure but no controls.

This valve is located under the cab and has a single solenoid attached to its side. Check this solenoid for power when you move the safety lever off for digging operation.

This should energize the solenoid and allow pilot pressure to go out to the joysticks and pedals. You can easily trace the lines to the travel pedals and see if you have pressure to the pedal valves when you have power to the solenoid. If you have power but, no pressure replace the safety lockout activation solenoid. Part number is(###) ###-####

please let me know what you find.

Thanks. That sounds right. I will check it tomorrow and let you know.
Rodents had cut wires to that solenoid. We connected it, checked voltage but still have no main or blade pump pressure.
Did you have pilot pressure to the joysticks or pedals?
Will check

Could you determine if you had pilot pressure to or from the lockout valve?

We checked and found no pallet pressure. Then checked the solenoid again and that was the problem. Many thanks! :-)34;Pilot" pressure not "pallet"

Great, glad to here you got it fixed.

If you need more help, please let me know.

Please remember to rate my answer to close this question.

Regards,

CATMASTERTECH

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician