Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My 753 bobcat will raise slow go down in only the float

My 753 bobcat will...

My 753 bobcat will raise slow go down in only the float position and will not curl?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I am working on military equipment . All I know that it is a 2003 model and a 753 bobcat at this time

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

No mam.

2/11/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

With military units, they can have odd parts. Look for quick connects on the boom/bucket functions, that could be reversed or not on the right connection. Not able to lower boom is sign that the oil is not returning to the reservoir, and the float bypasses oil from one side of cylinder to the other. The bucket not to curl is likey the same issue, oil has to return to tank, or the cylinder is locked. Oil has to leave one end of cylinder, for the other end to get oil, and let the piston move internally.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician