Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We have a Sumitomo SH160-5g6, Sorry i bumped the buttons ill…

Customer Question
We have a Sumitomo...

We have a Sumitomo SH160-5g6

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Sorry i bumped the buttons ill find out

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

The serial number is ***** SH160-5.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

The problem is the egine stalls on hydraulic releif at idle and starting off from auto idle. we have changed the PSV on pump one (no change) and checked the computer settings to factory specs (no change), Checked pilot pressure. In spec, Main relief in spec

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Sumitomo SH160-5
2/9/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If your machine is only stalling at idle and your pressures are in specs for the hyd system, test your fuel pressure and look for leaks or restrictions in the fuel system or a weal transfer pump causing air or low fuel supply pressure to the pump. Also check for air restrictions or low boost pressure as well. Let me know.

Checked the engine. All good.
Fuel system clean. No boost at idle. New filters all round.
Have checked the negative control pressure is a bit high but that is probably a good thing. Have changed the PSV on the pump.

Thanks for the update. Are there any other operational issues other than just at idle? If not, see what the idle currently is set at with a photo tach, etc. If you were to bring the RPMs up a little will it still stall? At what RPM does it stall at and what RPM will it stay running? With one function operating in single pump flow and with two functions in two pump flow? Is there any fine metal like metallic glitter in the old filter?